Hilton Garden Inn, Embassy Manyata Business Park, Bengaluru
Head DIALECT - the activation, new media and retail practice - Groupm media (I) Pvt.Ltd.
'Is Activation a threat to Traditional OOH'
Sixteen years of being a marketing student in real life situations.
A keen interest in human behavior that has been supplemented with opportunity of working on live programmes across different consumer segments / geographies and product categories.
Key milestones :
Creating solutions to reach media dark areas to add reach / engagement to traditional plans.
Pioneering the inclusion of different touch-points in creating delivering scaled up marketing / media solutions.
Consolidating / creating the supply side by helping destinations create rate cards / marketing solutions to monetize their captive assets especially real estate.
Was involved as the lead Consultant in the creation of a separate company for the Future Group - Future Media to help monetize the marketing assets that existed across the different retail formats.
Leading the Company’s’ focus on new media opportunities that were coming up and was involved with helping to grow the space for Digital networks (OOH / Retail screens) etc.
Where are we today :
Practice has grown to nearly 100 crores in the last 6 years at a CAGR of 55% . . over 1500 projects, powering the agencies to over 50 awards at the national and international stage.
More about me . . .
Began my career at Ananda Bazar Patrika in 1996 where I was involved in creating nontraditional revenue opportunities for The Telegraph.
Moved to Coca-Cola in 1999 and was involved in a series of roles gaining exposure and leading:
● Regional Marketing support for all Brands
● Creating and running marketing programmes for specific channels – On premise / Modern trade / Education etc.
● Conceptualising and managing Trade Marketing Programmes at a portfolio / brand level.
● Part of the core team involved in identifying local brand opportunities, customizing products, working across different departments from production, distribution, marketing and rolling out the same in the entire state viz. Rimzim in Surat, Kinley water pouches across Gujarat, launching the first Made in India energy drink – SHOCK.
● Key Account Manager leading the channel strategy for key channels viz. Cinema and Entertainment / Eating and Drinking / Education and Modern Trade in Mumbai from 2001 wherein I was involved in overseeing all aspects of growing consumption at these channels including customizing distribution, creating influencer programmes, on premise marketing programmes and overseeing channel profitability.